I feel like such a failure! I have no new photos of the kids to post. I did, however take a photo of the wonderful “WeeNuggets” that I made for them yesterday. I found this recipe on a fabulous website call Weelicious.com, and the kids LOVED it. We all know how kids love chicken McNuggets-(heck, I still do), but I’d love to get away from the fried processed “meats”, as much as possible. This recipe uses chicken breast, Panko bread crumbs, a little garlic powder, italian seasoning and wallah, healthy “Wee Nuggets”! I used three chicken breasts and we’ll get easily get several meals out them. I added some fresh ripe peaches on the side and the kids went to town. I can honestly say for once, not one morsel was “dropped” on the ground during this meal! Oh, what a feeling! Here is the recipe that I found on Weelicious:
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Panko (I didn’t have whole wheat panko on hand, just plain)
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Italian Herbs
1 Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless, cut into chunks
Olive or Canola Oil Spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the panko, garlic powder and herbs in a food processor and blend until fine.
3. Place the crumbs in a bowl.
4. Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
5. Dip the chicken chunks in the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs. Keep one hand clean for rolling in the breadcrumbs. Make sure the chicken chunks are completely covered.
6. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Spray each piece with oil.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
9. Cool and serve.
Check out Multiples and More on Monday for an interview with Catherine, the mastermind behind Weelicious.com!