Well, I am starting to think I can no longer avoid the subject of potty-training. The boys are now very capable of peeing in the potty (even standing up!?), and as of the other day, so is Lily. We previously had the two potties on the left, which were passed onto us, and while the boys like to use them at times, Lily had no interest. She would try-sit down, grunt… and nothing. She kept saying “Mommy, my peepee’s stuck. I can’t do it.” And then she’d get up and walk away while I tried not to die laughing.
The other day I bought the pink one on the right, and lo and behold, she can pee on the potty. Number two is another story, but this is progress. Up to this point, I didn’t feel they were ready.. they still do not wake up dry from naps. But I think we need to start encouraging them to go a lot more throughout the day to get them more used to using the potty. I need to do a little more research- but if anyone has any tips for me, I’m all ears!
- I think I should probably try to focus on one child at a time…any thoughts on that?
- If you potty-trained a child before, did you use a lot of rewards? I started out giving them treats of some kind when they used the potty, but they seem just as excited about getting a high-five and a hug.
- Should I ditch our cloth diapers and start buying pull-ups?
- Underpants…. do you wait to let them wear them until they are pretty well trained, or do you let them learn “the hard way”?
- Is the fact that they can, in fact pee on the potty enough evidence that they are ready to learn, or should I wait until they wake up dry from naps?
- How long is this gonna take?:)
- Where is the best place to keep the potties? We have them in the living room becasue they don’t all fit in the bathroom…
Thanks for the advice!!